I be damn! Someone OUTED the government on the collection of millions citizen’s phone conversations. DAMN!! I was hoping it wasn’t true. But, ever since Bush was president I felt I had less freedoms and privacy. And my friends, we were forewarned by George Orwell’s 1984. The government has preyed on our fears of terrorism. Unfortunately, the terrorist threat is real whether home-based or foreign. But, what about our freedoms and privacy?
Listed below are 5 freedoms and privacy that no longer exist:
1. No longer able to have a private phone conversation. Government listening.
2. Serious medical events being private. Medical Information Board. Yes, there is a corporation who protects insurance underwriters by retaining information on those who have had medical events.
3. No longer able to walk down a street without being video taped.
4. No longer expect online activities to be private. The government is receiving information via Google, Facebook and other social media sites.
5. And of course we can’t leave out the driving force in America, the dollar. Yes, the government keeps track of your banking and wants to know when you make large deposits.
I’m sure there are more ways our freedoms and privacy are being eroded!
George Orwell 1984 Quotes:
“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”
“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
“Big Brother is Watching You.”